Friday, June 25

My E3 2010

How ever am I going to compress this experience into a post… hum. I have faith.

E3 this year was fun! I was really looking forward to it because of all the new titles and accessories coming out later this year and early 2011. That, and the fact that it seemed much bigger this time around. Maybe there were more people, or more booths? Not sure.

So as always, we stayed at the Westin Bonaventure (Yes, the True Lies hotel). It always seems to be brimming with video game developers, and of course, that’s fun. I’m a sucker for the glass elevators and the fountains. They're just so pretty!

The day before the show started I had the opportunity to go to Universal City again. It’s been awhile so a lot of the sites seemed new to me. Not only that, but the hike was awesome because the CityWalk is on top of a giant hill. We had tons of fun getting lost together and we got our day’s worth of exercise getting to the top.

On top of the World.

CityWalk at twilight.

Then of course the 1st day of the show came and it’s all history from there. I snuck a few pictures of the crowds before the show floor was opened to the people. I stayed there until the guards let everyone in. It was like a flood gate being opened and a fun sight to witness indeed.

I enjoyed seeing/playing all of the games. I went to a bunch of showings, like the MK one with Ed Boon and the Pirates of the Caribbean demo. I’m going to like that game. (And yes, I’m legendary all the way!)

I was kinda sad about Zelda: Skyward Sword though. I’m not totally sold on the art direction yet, but you know me, I’ll still play it. The illustrations were really cool (Very Paint Daubs in PS, if you know what I mean) but the overall in-game experience felt a little too juvenile. The Angry Video Game Nerd describes it best in this video.

Go see for yourself: 

(And no, I did not stand in that insane 3-4 hour line to see the Nintendo 3DS but I’m still excited about it.)

Lastly, here’s a list of the games & hardware I’m looking forward to and of course pictures!

South Hall | Half a Honda! | Halo Sculptures
 
 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 | MK Awesomeness | Larry Trotter

 Dead Space Dude | The Miz's Arse | RB3 Guitar | OMG Cylon

 Live Lucha Libres! | Dance Central | Badass-ness

Pirates | Boys Proving Their Manliness | Tron Movie Bike

 Nintendo Booth | Zelda: Skyward Sword | Disney Corner

Zelda | Zelda | Zelda

I has gun! | Ringwraith | Alma | Homefront

Microsoft Booth | Bang Bang Bang | Square Enix Booth

E3 was fun, see you all next year!
~Claudia

2 comments:

  1. Jonathan Coppin10/29/2013 1:43 AM

    Wow I'm super surprised you haven't received any comments in this epic journal entry of your experience of one if the most well-renowned video game events of the year: E3. The return of MK certainly turned heads (even more if that for marvel vs Capcom 3). And now, ppl still love MK9. The 3DS to me at first didn't catch my attention but now it does which is really awesome. :) Finally, FFXIV certainly had plenty of people talking for many months, even up until now. Sucks that a subscription was required to view this sneak peak.

    All in all, I'm glad you had a blast because I know for sure nobody blames you :D btw nice shot of Thr Mix xD


    - Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Jonathan. :) Yeah, they're always good fun. The E3's are like a time capsule. Every show is unique and special. I have this year too: http://claudiasutton.blogspot.com/2009/06/e3-2009.html

      Hee hee! Yeah, if he would have turned around for me, I wouldn't have had to put up a picture of his backside. XD
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle