Tuesday, June 1

Fanime 2010

So I just got back from Fanime and I'm already packing my bags to go to the airport for another vacation in a few hours.

San Jose finally had some nice weather, unlike the previous years that I remember. It always seemed a little chilly and overcast, so I was really happy to see the sun. As usual, hanging out with friends and loved ones aside from the costumes are the main reasons I go to Fanime. I love seeing cosplayers and talking to them about their work. The artist just comes out in me and I can't help but to talk shop with them. I'm just so curious!




Here are some of the costumes that I enjoyed.
(As you can see I really like the video game one.)

Zelda & Dark Link | Viera Archer | Oerba Dia Vanille
(If this is you, let me know and I'll link to your website)

Selvaria | Prince of Persia vs. Hayabusa | Steampunk Girl
(If this is you, let me know and I'll link to your website)

Velvet & Mercedes | The Legend of Zelda Group | Lightning
(If this is you, let me know and I'll link to your website)

Unfortunately, during the trip I had a major allergic reaction to some of the plants (I'm guessing) around the area. Saturday I was just sneezing my brains out and had to stay in most of the afternoon. I couldn't even stay for the whole Cosplay Masquerade because I was tearing up so badly. It was awful. So I'll have to YouTube anything past Skit #26. Sad Claudia.

Lastly, I got to meet and talk with Jo Chen about art, the industry, and other related topics. That definitely was a highlight of my experience. (Jo, it was great to meet you) I also went to some cool panels. (Thanks to all of the DA people that I met on Sunday) Then on Monday, I went to a Resin & Plastic Molding workshop and learned a great deal about the subject. Julia, the teacher, was awesome and I left very inspired. Maybe in the near future I'll have to try some of the techniques out.

So until next time, have a good one.
~Claudia

PS. Did anyone go this year? If so, how was your experience?

6 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought, why not leave you a comment.

    I have a blog also obviously, and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

    Maybe you can follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay...

    Well, I hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm well. Thanks for all the kind words and I will have to check out your blog soon. I don't mind if you follow.

    Cheers,
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm the Selvaria cosplayer, and I was wondering if you had a bigger resolution of the photo you took. And I'm so happy you liked my costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Crystal!

    I've been away on vacation and I just got back. If you could email me at:
    claudia dot sutton at gmail dot com

    I'll send them over to you right away.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Claudia,

    I was checking up on your blog site and discovered your lavishly, beautiful White Queen art! After reading your description, I thought the character had a similiar look to yourself. It's a stunning and elegant illustration which you should be proud off! Great job Claudia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Arnold!

    I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle